Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Your Kids to Eat Fruit

I don't eat a lot of fruit. I like watermelon, bananas and strawberries, but don't eat them very often.

Last night my mom made some poppy seed dressing that she took to work with her. She told me that it was very good on fruit. At first, I didn't believe her, but I tried it and it was really very good. It is very easy to make. All you need is a blender and a few ingredients. Here is the recipe:

Poppy Seed Dressing for Fruit

3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. cider or white vinegar
1 t. dry mustard (you can buy this in the spice section at the market)
1 t. sea salt
1 1/2 T poppy seeds
1 c. vegetable oil

In a blender, combine sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt. Mix on high speed until well-combined (about 1 minute). While the blender is still running, SLOWLY add the oil until the dressing becomes thick and combined. Reduce speed to low and add poppy seeds. Blend on medium speed until well-mixed. You should scrape down the sides of the blender once to make sure that the poppy seeds are mixed in completely.

You can store this dressing in the refrigerator for over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment